Pet peeves are fluid for me. Looking back at those posts there are some of them that still annoy me, but others have changed. With kids the annoyances are always evolving.
Currently there are some pet peeves that do jump out at me on a daily basis:
- Bruiser has a new thing where he asks to do something cool. Not just something, but something COOL. How do you figure out what is cool to a four year old? He doesn't want to do most of the things we suggest. It's worse than living with a teenager, I think. For a teen I can assign chores, not so much with the four year old.
- Finding magic dishes. You know, the ones that appear out of no where just as you finish a sink full of dishes.
- Turbo trying to be a beat box. He's had this thing he does, sounding like a drum kit sort of, any way it's oh so annoying.
- Finding random socks--little boy and big boy socks--lying around on the floor and sometimes the couch.
- Slow drivers. Not the ones who slow down for weather conditions, but the ones who think driving 5-10 miles an hour below the speed limit makes them a safer driver. What they become is a hazard to those of us driving the speed limit.
Go see Gretchen for more Pet Peeve spins.