Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm Not Ready for Monday

But Monday it is.  There really should be some sort of allowance given after the Superbowl.  Or move the game to Saturday.  Give Americans a day to recover. But since I don't run things, here we are facing Monday.
This last weekend was a nice one. I didn't do much housework, just minor stuff you always have to do. Grocery shopped and didn't do so good there.  Groceries are expensive. It's depressing to go to the store. Some weeks are better than others.
Nick brewed up a batch of Chocolate milk stout.  It looks like it's gonna be a good beer.  I'm looking forward to drinking it.  He also went to a Sportsman Banquet with a friend that was a benefit for the hospital.
Turbo gamed out Saturday.  Tomb Raider Legend, some Minecraft, he enjoyed the day.
Bruiser worked on going poop in the potty. Sigh, it's an ongoing process that goes on and on and on and on.
I took my mom out for errands.  We hit Kmart, Hastings (our local book/game/movies store), Game Stop, and Walmart.  It was a pleasant afternoon.
Sunday dawned early for me.  Since it started early, I got a nap.  While Bruiser napped, so did I.  I also cooked like a mad woman, so everything would be ready to take to our friends house for the Superbowl.  Chicken Wings, Artichoke dip, a veggie platter were our contributions.  There were meatballs, little smokies, and bacon wrapped jalapenos.  Why  yes, we snacked our way through the game.
And about the game, I'm no real football fan, but that game sucked. There were some good commercials, nothing great, but the game itself was no fun to watch.  I've seen college games that were better entertainment. Ah, well, there's always next year.
And now to face the week.  This Monday is off to a slow start.  I just hope I can keep my eyes open at work this afternoon.  They tend to frown on napping at your desk.
How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Not to be opposite but I actually found that game to be pretty riveting! But the commercials were really lackluster. I mean, there were a few interesting ones but nothing earth-shattering. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate milk stout is making my mouth water. Can you save some for me for after delivery? ;-)

    I didn't watch the game. Sounds like I didn't miss much!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails