Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Well, Turbo is back among the living.  We had a run of something through the house.  The only one who didn't get it was me.  Knock on wood. Nick started the ball rolling Friday morning with the stomach flu.  Brusier came home with a fever and sore throat Friday after noon from school.  Turbo came down with the yucks on Monday.  I got two extra days at home with him.  Fun times around here, fun times, I tell you.  But now we are mostly back up and running.  We still don't have a Christmas tree up, but we do have some lights. Anyway on to the HodgePodge:

1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two? For us it's putting up outdoor lights.  Nick's dad loves decorating for Christmas.  We have been less enthusiastic about having Christmas throw up on our lawn. But a couple years ago, Nick decided that doing a bit of outdoor lights wasn't that bad.  We do white lights and not bunches.  It works for us.

2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus? We have not wrapped any gifts yet (no tree to put them under yet), we have not even managed to get any egg nog yet.
But we have been watching Christmas movies with the boys.  So far we have managed to watch The Santa Clause, Polar Express, Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming To Town, Merry Madagascar, Merry Shrekmas, and The Santa Clause 2.  I also watched the CMT Country Christmas Special with a friend.  It was pretty good.
Christmas cookies will be made the Monday before Christmas.  We have Ninjabread cookies to make, sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. At least those.

3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain. There is magic in both.  I love giving the perfect present and knowing the the recipient will absolutely love the item given. I love watching the glee that our boys take in the holidays. And I remeber the anticipation and the feeling that the best day of the year would never get here. In some ways, even though the days go by so fast, the anticipation is still there, but for slightly different reasons as a grown up.

4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why? They say patience is a virtue.  I guess it means taht not rushing into things is a good thing.  Not diving in head first, but waiting and testing the waters can make things better.

5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away? The last sweet thing I baked was Pumpkin Pie bread.  THe recipe makes two loaves and it tastes like pumpkin pie only in bread form. So good.  It was mostly for us.  One loaf is still in the freezer.

6.  This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week!  Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators.  He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?" I most certainly do not.  It comes from my being an introvert.  I just don't do well with connecting to strangers.  Nick on the other hand has no problem with striking up conversations in elevators, on airplanes, in lines.  In those situations, being and extrovert really makes a difference.

7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there? I'm hoping I'm on the nice list. I don;t think I've done anything that would put me on the naughty list.

8. Insert your own random thought here.With the yucks running thought our house, one thing that has surprised us is the empathy that Thullee, our younger dog, has expressed.  He has snuggled up to those who are sick and been wonderful at being comforting.
Of course he's not completely grown up yet:
We do love our Thullee dog!





4 comments:

  1. That picture of Thulee upside down is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting today from the Hodgepodge :) Your list of movies is a good one. We haven't seen Merry Madagascar but I think I'll have to get it. Pumpkin pie bread sounds delicious. I love when a recipe makes extras to freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of Thulee is priceless! I love this time of year... the baking, the wrapping presents, the Christmas movies and specials... and we're hopefully getting a bit of snow today, which will only enhance my holiday spirit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's sweet your dog has been comforting. Mine are nice dogs but they don't tend to do that. Well, that's not true: my old dog Iggy did do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails