This is the 200th edition of the Hodgepodge. I haven't participated in that many, but it's cool that it has lasted that long. Now on to the questions:
1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'? Our routine. Turbo is getting involved in atcivities at school--he is a tween and those things start coming up about that age. I have been low on motivation and the dark and cold are just making me want to curl up and snuggle in and read. Not so conducive to getting things done. I feel I have been phoning it in recently.
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you? If you ahve goodwill toward men, there will be peace on earth. Sadly, the goodwill is hard to have toward everybody. People personalities are so diverse that some people, you just can't get along with.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December? Dark Chocolate Turtles. I love them and they are a treat that I know I get for Christmas, it's a tradition!
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year? I find that this time of year is pretty good. We get two weeks off for Christmas--the perk of working at a university. I'm looking forward to skiing and working on the boys' rooms and not having to get up at o'dark thirty.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why? I can't remeber the last word I looked up, but I know it was to figure out how to spell it, not so much for the meaning. I read a lot, so I have a pretty good grasp on vocabulary. Nick is always asking me for spelling and meanings.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year? I like putting up decorations in our front window. Nick puts lights up out side and I help, but we keep the decorations low key. Nick's dad is the one for huge decorating displays ala Christmas Vacation.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything
at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general. I have a far better time "meeting" people online than in person. I an introvert and this medium lets me meet without the uncomfortable face to face stuff I don't do so well.
8. Insert your own random thought here. With this being the 200th edition of the Hodgepodge, I went and looked up the first time I participated in the Hodgepodge. Come to find out it was way back when it first started up in November of 2010. I had been blogging for a year and found this fun meme and since I liked answering questions, I joined in. Left for a while and now I'm back. So nice to have this for the middle of the week.