Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Holiday Hodgepodge

Here we go:

1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen? I can agree with this choice.  They are after all risking contracting Ebola, but they are also helping to stop the epidemic.


2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home?  Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!  My favorite something old is an antique kerosine lamp.  As for something new, I have to go with the new living room furniture we have.  I don't have anything that is really borrowed right now, maybe a book or two. My favorite something blue is the blue down throw that Bruiser has appropiated for his own, especially when he is snuggled up next to me with it.
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?  Not a fudge fan.  It's far too sweet for me.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks? My mom took me to England when I was 13 months old.  I do believe that was my first flight. I don't mind flying, but the planes can be uncomfortable.  I haven't been to kitty Hawk, but Nick has.

5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path? Nope.  In my mother's family there were several who pursued and recieved advanced degrees in the sciences, but no one particular career path.

6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today? I have to get my hair cut.  I should wrap some presents up. 

7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.  ...That we stay healthy and have a wonderful time with family.

8. Insert your own random thought here.It seems that this Christmas season is rushing by at about mach 5.  We only got our tree up last Saturday.  Next Thursday is Christmas. Someone stop the merry-go-round, I want off.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, want to press the "pause" button on this December. It's going by so fast, and I keep panicking over how I want it to SLOW DOWN! I don't want Christmas to be over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this entire year has gone by too quickly! I am looking forward to 2015 though! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is when? (giggling)--great answers. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails