Thursday, August 28, 2014

Spin Cycle--Suddenly...

...My babies are not so little any more.  They were just small enough to hold in my arms and dependent on me for everything yesterday.
Turbo as a baby.

Bruiser as a baby.

Now they are great hulking boys.  OK, maybe not hulking, but still big boys ready to tackle school.
My Sixth grader.

My Kindergartener.
I know they are supposed to grow and continually move farther and farther away from me, but does it have to happen so fast?  Bruiser gave nary a look back as he headed into his Kindergarten adventure. Turbo was nervous but excited to start Junior high.  A part of me is happy they are so excited and eager to go to school.  Another part of me misses the baby/little boy snuggles and cuddles.
But they have yet to outgrow spontaneous hugs and the occasional snuggle (mostly Bruiser for the snuggles).  They will always be my babies, but I am loving the young men they are growing into.
I just wish it didn't happen so suddenly...
Put your spin on Suddenly and join Gretchen and Ginny Marie, they would love to have you!

Second Blooming

8 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love your mother thoughts! They are adorable boys as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those sweet babies! I know exactly what you mean. It's happening to me, too! My 7 year old came down with a cold this week and I cuddled with her last night. I hope they'll always want a hug and a kiss from their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vandy, what a sweet post. Yes, suddenly they are big, then married then you are a grandparent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life happens and when you're a parent your kids growing up happens so suddenly! Enjoy every stage, because with each stage your children will become more and more independent (exactly like you want them to). One day you will write a post and 'Suddenly the nest is empty.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. They grow so quickly! It's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are two cuties. As a mom of a little boy I dread the day he comes home with a girl. Can you imagine one day we will have daughter-lin-laws. Until then, I will grab extra hugs. Glad to hear as they get older they still give out hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With three boys (ages 15, 11 and 9) I know what you mean! The time goes quickly and things change so suddenly. I cherish every hug and smile and high-five I get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet babies! I feel like Piglet is growing so fast. It won't be long til he's a big hulking boy like your sweeties! Don't you just wish you could freeze time?

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails