Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Thanks--Family

Trying to do the thankfulness thing this month.  Not daily, because my dedication is not so good, but at least weekly.  It will be good for me to stop and think about all I have to be thankful for in my life.

First up, my family.  Nick, Turbo, and Bruiser are the immediate, there every day all day family.  I love them so much.  They keep me on my toes.
Nick, the man I married, the love of my life.  Strong, kind, courageous, skilled, funny, mine.  I'm so glad that 20 years ago I called you for that first conversation outside of German class. It really is true that once you find someone who's weirdness matches your own, you can call it true love.  We have had our ups and downs, but at least we keep moving forward together.


Turbo, my oldest, my first kid.  You are so quirky, funny and so dedicated to the things you love.  I count myself lucky that I am one of those things you love.  It's going to be interesting watching you grow up. You are doing pretty good so far.  Keep moving forward and don't forget the lessons we are teaching you.  Every day is brighter with you in it.  Thank you for the Turbo hugs that you give so freely.




Bruiser, my baby.  I love you.  You have a wonderful imagination, you are fun and funny. I just wish you'd figure out the pooping thing.  To be honest, that is the best gift you could give Mom this Christmas--a fully, all the time, potty trained Bruiser. I know you are working on it.  Just try a bit harder. I love that you are loving preschool.  It neat to see you singing the songs they teach you, sharing the foods you make there, and displaying the art you create.

I can't talk about family without mentioning the grandparents.  Without them we would not have kids.  They have been babysitters and saved us untold amounts of money and time.  they genuinely love their grand kids and we so love that our kids have good relationships with them. We are blessed to have family close to us and ones we (mostly) get along with.
Papa and Nana and the rest of the fam.
Grandma.
 Yep, definitely thankful for my family. We wouldn't be where we are without them.
There will be more thankful posts coming this month. It is that time of year after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails