Tuesday, March 18, 2014

And Random!

Well, after a long weekend, we are back at work.  The kids are hanging at home, cause it's Spring Break and all.  We also don't have big plans for this years Spring Break.  Since we woke up to snow, having my mom take the boys to visit family will get to wait, at least til the weather clears off and the roads open.
Shall we got on to the random:
  • Thullee is the strangest dog.  Case in point, he often lies on the floor like this:
Frog dog

Definitely a frog dog pose.
  •  He really is getting big.  At almost 9 months old, we are hoping he doesn't get much bigger.
  • Our weekend was sort of strange.  Nick went to an archery shoot on Saturday, so it was the boys and me for the day.  I took the easy route and let them play video games most of the day. I made a successful Chicken Lo Mein.  Turbo loved it and even Bruiser ate the noodles and chicken with minimal protest.
  • Sunday was strange.  I felt off all day.  I finished the laundry--all except the towels which await folding. Turbo had a friend over which turned into a sleep over.  I reclused to the basement so my snappy mood and not feeling good wouldn't rub off too much on everyone else.
  • Some minor drama over a certain child wanting to go home at midnight (we tucked him into bed and made him comfortable and he finally slept.) Monday morning came with pancakes, bacon and hash browns.  Then we took Turbo's friend home and went to the walk path with the dogs.  It was good to get out in the sun and fresh air.
  • I had gotten a volcano activity thing when I did the 12 Days of Christmas swap.  Yesterday I got it out and the boys and I added water to it.

  • I now have a growing dinosaur on my counter.  There was a dinosaur that was inside the volcano. It was the add water adn it grows kind.  So, it's currently growing. Bruiser is in love.
  • Our celebration of St. Patrick's Day was low key.  I made corned beef in the crock pot.  We watched Finian's Rainbow (such a weird movie) and that was about it.  No green beer, no Guinness.  We just weren't feeling it this year.
So what's your random?  Link it up with the lovely Stacy--she's back!
Stacy










4 comments:

  1. I didnt have corn beef yesterday We will at some point this weekend.(in the crock pot no less)

    Have a great Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are quite fond of chinese food in general, which is funny because they'll sometimes turn away far simpler foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My St. Pat's was low-key this year too - we had our Irish Tea at church, and I dragged my sister to the local bar for the big party on Sunday, but neither of us were feeling it. On Monday, my mom came over and we completely cleaned my finally-painted kitchen. I made us Sweet Potato Irish Nachos for supper, but by that point, I was ready for bed I was so exhausted from a full day of cleaning cupboards and re-arranging the contents of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a very low key St. Patty's day too. Hubby worked and we had just returned home from a long weekend at Bristol. Needless to say we were all quite lazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails