Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Hits the House

Well, it's Monday.  I can't say I'm happy to see it.  It's way more fun to be home.  OK, maybe not all fun, there is laundry, bathrooms, dishes, vacuuming and those kind of chores that scream to be done if I'm home.  But it was fun to spend some time with just Bruiser and I got to have a nap.  That's fun.
But this weekend was not all about getting chores done.  Turbo had a birthday party on Saturday with one of his best friends.  He had a great time.
Nick went snowshoeing Saturday morning and spent the rest of Saturday cursing the snowshoes.  He got very sore and doesn't really like the whole snowshoeing thing.  He would rather take his skis.  He also went to a friend's house to watch the last Wyoming Cowboy game of the season.  Wyoming won, but it wasn't pretty.
Sunday we all got up earlyish and bundled up and headed to the mountains and went Christmas tree hunting.  On our way up we saw deer, antelope, and moose.  We were successful in finding a tree, but I was awful and left the camera in the truck.  I got pictures of the putting up of the tree, but none of the getting of the tree.
By the time we had the tree up it really looked like Christmas had hit our house.  It's not too bad and feels festive.
Then last night Turbo decided it was time to type his letter to Santa.  Since he had gotten a video email from Santa last week he decided to send Santa his letter.  I went to the Portable North Pole and set up letters for both boys.  You should check it out, it fun, free, and you can totally personalize it for anyone--child or someone a little more grown up.
And since the camera sits on the counter, completely undownloaded, I'll try to get pictures up of Christmas decor at our house later this week.
Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You got a nap? Makes a perfect weekend in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when all of the Christmas stuff is finally up- something so magical and wonderful about it. I have snow shoed a couple of times and it is a lot of work but I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate it when you forget the camera. I do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails