Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for the Little Stuff

This is just a list of some of the things that I am thankful for this year.

1. My family. Nick, Turbo and Bruiser are wonderful. My husband is my partner, best friend and (shh, don't tell the kids) lover. Turbo is a great kid who constantly keeps us on our toes. We are still getting to know Bruiser but what we've seen so far says he's pretty cool too. I'm thankful we are all healthy(I know I just jinxed it), and together this year.

2. My mother. She watches Bruiser and Turbo(when needed) while I work part time. She saves us untold amounts of money and keeps Bruiser out of daycare. I still get the guilt trips on occasion(they never forget how to do that do they?), but mostly the arrangement works out well for all of us. I'm thankful she is willing and able to give of her time this way.

3. My job. I was laid off from the consulting job I had the same day I went into labor with Bruiser. Three months later I was able to get another job that also used my geology degree. It pays about half what I was making but in today's economy I'm happy I'm working. It is interesting and I get my own office. I'm thankful to be working.

4. My home. I'm thankful that we own our own home. Well us and the Bank. We did not get caught up in the housing bubble and are not in trouble as so many are. I'm thankful our house is not bigger than we need.

5. My in-laws. I have the greatest in-laws. Nick's folks are great. His mom is sweet and kind and his dad is great with the kids. They live close so Turbo gets to spend lots of time with them. As soon as Bruiser can walk he will be spending time with Papa too. I'm thankful we get along with them and they with us.

That's a lot of things to be thankful for. I'm sure there are more but these are the ones this year. Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Always glad to read a list of blessings.....happy Thanksgiving tomorrow....you and I are fellow Leos....

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails