Thursday, November 19, 2009

All done but for the party.

My husband did it! He completed his Master's of Geology. Yesterday he defended his thesis to his committee and they had nothing but good things to say. He has some minor revisions and additions but overall he is done. We had a celebration with his folks last night, steak and stuff--yumm! Then we went home like good parents and didn't do much else. Nick broke with graduate student tradition in that he was not stumbling drunk by 5:00pm. I guess we are getting old cause that just sounded painful not fun.

Dec. 4 he will walk through graduation ceremonies and be hooded and then the party is on. we have two other friends that are graduating at the same time and we are hoping to get together.

I am so proud of my husband. It hasn't been easy for him. He hates the hoops and politics involved in the process but he got through it and I couldn't be happier for him. He is the first person in his family to acheive a Master's degree. I think that is pretty cool.

So cheers for Nick and congrats all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails