Wednesday, November 11, 2009

End of the School Days

My Husband Nick has been working on his masters thesis for a year now but taking the classes for the last six. He has worked full time as the Coal Geologist for the Wyoming State Geologic Survey, and been a wonderful husband and dad during that time. I can safely say that he is sick of school and is really looking forward to being done.

Next Wednesday he goes before his committee--three professors--and presents his thesis to them and who ever comes to watch. He then answers questions about his thesis and spends some time with his committee privately to hear what they may want changed or edited. Than they hopefully sign off on it and he is done save for the final edits. He is nervous but excited to be this close to being done.

He has stated that he is not going near another class for a couple of years at least. I can say I blame him. He has been taking classes since 2000 when he went back for his Bachelor's in Geology. We both already had degrees but they were in things that weren't very practical--my first was History, his was Journalism. After a series of well paying construction jobs that kept him consistently out of town we decided that for the health of our marriage he needed to work smarter not harder. This started us on the journey to where we are today.

I am so proud of him and have my fingers crossed that all goes well next week. Then we have the celebration of graduation on December 4th. Party time for all!

1 comment:

  1. good luck to your husband, and thanks for stopping by my blog! i look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails