Thursday, November 12, 2009

The finder

I'm new at the Spin Cycle but thought I'd give it a try. So here goes:

I live with a bunch of losers. No not losers like awful people but losers in that they lose stuff all the time. I have become the unofficial finder in the house. I find all sorts of things--library books, bakugon toys, hot wheels cars, shoes, pacifiers, socks, wallets, glasses, hats, sunglasses, remotes, etc.

Some of these things are lost by Turbo or Bruiser, namely the toy oriented things, but the rest are lost by Nick. The man loses everything. I think mostly he doesn't remember where he last set it down, took it off or used it last.

So when he needs it he wanders through the house looking for whatever he lost. He doesn't look systematically or well, he just checks the nearest flat surface. Sometimes this method works but most of the time what he's looking for is under or behind something else or in a completely different area of the house than he's looking in. When he can't find it he askes me if I've seen it anywhere. Usually I can tell him where to find the desired item, sometimes I have to look for it but I can almost always find it. Sometimes I find in a place he already "checked, but it's not there". Other times I find things in places he swears he didn't have it. I guess the gremlins are moving things on him.

1 comment:

  1. it's called being a mom and do you also have to explain down to the fraction of the fraction WHERE something is so they can find it?

    where is the whoosey-what's it? it's in the kitchen on the second cupboard on the bottom right hand side from the dishwasher, on the second shelf down, shoved in the back behind the can opener.

    sheesh.

    thanks for visiting me over at the crib! hope you come back real soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails