We had a fabulous Christmas. The boys got exactly what they wanted from Santa. Maybe just a bit more. I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas too. An Exercise bike/elliptical trainer so I can exercise without impacting my knees and ankles and in the privacy and convenience of my own home. I used it Saturday and plan to use it tonight. Exercising regularly is sort of one of my New Year Promises. I do promises instead of resolutions because resolutions are usually big and grand and intimidating. I like promises better. I made 5 promises last year. Of those five I kept 3 of them and came close on the other two. So let's try for 5 this year:
- Use the Exercise bike/elliptical trainer with some regularity--trying for 3 times a week or more. It's right there, there is a TV to watch and I really have no excuse to not exercise. So here's to keeping up with getting active.
- Plan meals with more forethought. I've been winging it and I really need to plan it out better. However, organization is not my strong point. Well, initial organization is, but follow through is lacking. I will be working on that. Maybe I should get the kiddos involved in making dinner. Thursday night could be their night...
- Continue getting my scrap room set up. We have a good start in there, I can use it now to exercise in and we have a fairly good handle on what we want to do in there, we just need to get the materials and finish it. Then I actually have to use it...
- get out and enjoy the outdoors with my family--this includes cross country skiing, biking, four wheeling, camping, kayaking and hiking, all weather permitting.
- Go on a semi epic road trip this year. Either down to the national parks in Utah, or we go for broke and head to the west coast--namely Oregon and Washington. I think we have a couple people we can visit out that way (Stacy!). Of course if we head west, there will be quite a lot of research to do for interesting sights to see as I've never been that way before. Sounds fun, Yes?!
Now for MMMM: Freebie week so here's some I've been enjoying recently:
The Cadillac Three with The South:
Kristian Bush with Trailer Hitch:
Florida Georgia Line with Confession:
Have a good week everyone!