Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday--Let's Hodgepodge

1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?


For me it would be facing my fears head on.  I'm more the stick my head in the sand and they will go away type. Nick and I have a good handle on the relax and reset thing--we like to play and know when we need to recharge.  We are working hard on the work to live not live to work.  That's why we have the kayaks, and we go camping and take road trips and spend time with our boys.  We also try to do the connect thing in the form of dates every now and then--even if they are lunch dates.
I tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic.  I try to find the good about situations.  I also spend time reminding Nick of the good, not the bad.

2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I would go hit the thrift store or consignment store and find myself some new clothes.  Retail therapy, where I can get more for less is awesome.

3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
Round trip.  To the mountains camping this last weekend.



4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
Karate or some other martial art.  To stay in shape and feel more confident.

5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
We have been swimming, the kids have enjoyed ice cream cones and movies with the grandparents, we went camping last weekend, we have had corn on the cob off the grill, worked on our flower beds, we unplugged while camping, I have read several books, we have a road trip planned for next month to Jackson Hole WY.
Ballgames are not ewasy to get to and not high on our to do list, and the tomatoes we have growing in the back yard are not ripe yet.

6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
I'm truly not up enough on the issues to ask an intelligent question.  I feel it's ridiculously early to be dealing with election stuff.  I wish it was a more limited campaign season.

7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I'm not sure if I have listened to it the most, but I do like Kacey Musgraves Biscuits


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Back to school has hit the stores.  Not so sure if I'm ready to have summer be over.  I know we have about a month left before the kids head back to school, but it seems to be going by so fast...

4 comments:

  1. I have two weeks left before I report to school for pre-planning. The summer has FLOWN by!!!! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said karate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your though about back to school stuff in stores. Really? It isn't even August yet.
    Dropping by from HodgePodge Wwednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Jackson Hole is on my list of places to go. Have a fabulous trip! I agree...waaay too early for election talk!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails