1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
I love spending the day doing something we all enjoy--usually we go camping. This year, we will be spending time at a local lake and enjoying the sun and fun with friends. Then we hope to take Bruiser to his first fireworks show.
We don't fly a flag, but have had a flag themed windsock. I love fireworks shows. Growing up we lived outside of town and had our own fun with small fireworks--glow worms, snakes, smoke bombs, sparklers and a few firecrackers. I have fond memories of those days.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
I have two cruiser type bicycles in the backyard, both of which were free. They need a bit of tuning and then I have a cruiser to pedal to work.
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I have climbed to the crown of the Statue of Liberty and have been to Mount Rushmore a couple of times. I would go see either of them again. Someday I would like to visit Washington DC just to see all the monuments there.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I tend more toward the ostrich than a hog. I like to know what's going on, but I do think we get over saturated with news sometimes. It seems that the news goes on and on ad nauseam. I'm a more get to the point and move on type.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
Chocolate is always good, but I do enjoy strawberry. Vanilla will do when there's no other option, or that line is shorter.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
Kenny Chesney With Big Star:
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
Just chilling in the shade
Under the cottonwood trees
Not worried about anthing
Each day getting better and better.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are half way through the year now. It seems to be going by so fast. And we just don't seem to be doing all we wanted to. Life keeps getting in the way. Strange how that happens. But we are in a good place right now. We don't have to move to a new town. the kids are healthy. We are doing pretty great actually. Now to schedule in the fun...