1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy
Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite
Easter tradition as a child? Not really. Oh, we dye eggs and do baskets for the boys, but that's about it. Well we have family over and have a nice brunchish type do. And then after that it's a pretty normal day for us. Since it's usually cold--or snowing--we don't do much outside.
Easter as a child was about a trip to church after ransacking Easter baskets. then home for a ham dinner and maybe movies as a family. Fairly traditional all together.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope. Hope is what keeps people going--hope for something better, hope for something kinder, hope. However, you get by on hope alone. You do have to work for waht you want. Hoping is like wishing. Nothing happens until you do it yourself.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid
milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter
Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one
would you most like to find in your Easter basket? So not a fan of Cadbury Creme eggs. Just too sweet. Give me a good dark chocolate bunny, peanut butter egg, Jelly Bellys, or Malted milk eggs--Robin's Eggs. I also have never found the appeal of Peeps. Too much pure sugar, not enough flavor for me. Although roasting them over a fire might make them tastier...
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'? The last time I spent time in a bookstore. Or maybe it was the last Library book sale. All those books, so much possibility.
For Nick it was last week when he went archery bow shopping. He had such fun. It would have been fun to watch him, but also would have driven me up the wall trying to occupy two cranky kids.
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people? I do my dishes under running water. I can't bring myself to wash dishes in a sink full of water. Doesn't bother me that I do them differently from most. Oh, I put lots in the dish washer, but there are things I just can't bring myself to run through the dishwasher. Namely knives, wooden spoons, pot and pans, certain things I use more frequently than I run the dishwasher.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three
mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now?
Which have you visited at one time or another? I think right now it would have to be Palm Beach FL. It would be warm and have beach, something I could really use about now as it is currently snowing here. Can't say I have actully visited ant of them, to my knowledge.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why. I would shorten the length of an hour so we would have more in the day. Then it might be easier to delegate hours to certain activities. Maybe.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We took the boys to Denver last week and Bruiser got to experience his first 3D IMAX show. He was excited, but got bored after about 20 minutes. He did look cute in the glasses though.