Friday, August 16, 2013

I Confess

Time to confess it all.  Let's hear it for Friday!  If we make it feel good it may come around more than once a week.  Or not.
  • I have not been feeling my runs lately.
  • I've been slacking.
  • Only doing a mile each morning.
  • I think it's because it's been getting darker and I feel like going into hybernation mode.
  • Or at least not getting up at the crack of dawn to go run.
  • Time to move the runs to the afternoon, I'm thinking.
  • Got the newish washer and dryer moved in.
  • How adult does it sound that I'm excited to use them?
  • Something is seriously wrong with me.
  • I won't be around next week.
  • At least after Wednesday.
  • Floating down the Green River.
  • Turning 40.
  • Lots going on next week.
  • There will be pictures.
  • There's going to be an 80s theme night.
  • The perfect way to usher in my 40s.
  • Then school starts.
  • Shopping this weekend.
  • I will be the thrift store boss and spend a fraction of retail prices for kid clothes.
  • But tonight, I think there will be wine, or maybe rum.
  • Cause there should be TABs on a Friday night.
Do you have anything to confess?  Post it and join up with Aubrey and feel all good going into the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, a mile is a mile and better than nothing. Got to give yourself some credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the darker mornings... I don't usually run in the morning, but just noticing it's getting darker in the mornings when I get up. Yuck.

    You may enjoy your runs in the afternoon better. I know I do. Seems to depend on the person, a friend of mine says she's got more energy in the morning, whereas I find I get a better run in after work/in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey newish appliances are awesome! LOL.
    I don't think you should feel the runs. That would be really gross and make a mess. Best to hustle to the bathroom and if they go completely away...all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like going into hibernation mode too... I'm going to die when my new shift starts next week and I have to be up at 5am. lol

    I wish I was running like you, that's fantastic! Great job!

    Floating down the green river sounds so fun! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post today. If you feel the mile, could you be harming yourself? I really worry about those who say no pain no gain. Working out in any form should not hurt. 40 is the new 30! I remember when I thought 40 was old, now I am month shy of 50...who would have thunk it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 isn't so bad. Sounds like you're gonna be having fun! In two years, I'll be at the 50 mark. And hey, at least you're still running! Are you ready for school to start? I need to try the thrift store shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails