Wednesday, October 6, 2010

RD-Birthday edition




So let's answer the birthday girl's questions.  Happy birthday Linda!
1. From "Men Are Dumb ....": If you had a theme song that played whenever you walked into a room full of people, what would it be?  A theme song?  Well I guess...hmmm...it would have to be the Queen song Princes of the Universe--played here.  At least that is what Nick thinks and I kind of agree.  It's an awesome theme song.

2. From Pam of "Alert And Oriented x 4": Which of your shoes are your absolute favorite, and which are of the object of your most painful shoe-buyer's remorse?  I don't spend a lot on shoes.  I love my Keens because they are sooo comfortable.  As for buyer's remorse--it would probably the Doc Martins I bought years ago.  Not nearly as comfortable as I thought they would be.

3. From Susanne of "Living to Tell the Story": Tell about your favorite birthday celebration that you've personally experienced.  The surprise party for my 35 birthday.  Nick set it up so lots of friends showed up and I was only expecting a couple of people.  It was a great evening.

4. From Lori of "Just me and My Life": If you were a flavor of ice cream, which would you be?  Butter Pecan--It's comforting with out being vanilla.

5. Cindy Swanson of "Notes in the Key of Life" asks: Have you ever had a crush on a movie star? Who was it, and are you still crushing?  I had a teenage crush on Tom Cruise.  So over that now.

6. Jill from "Jill Boyd's Place" inquires: Glasses or braces--if you had to wear one, which would it be?  Well, I wear contacts but spent years in glasses and years in braces.  Braces are better--you will eventually get them off.  Glasses are with you forever--as contacts or reading glasses even if you do the lasek.  I have weird eyes so the lasek is not really an option for me.

7. Nel from "Fasteneau Facts" asks: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  New Zealand.  The geology there is awesome.

8. Thena from "Patiently Waiting" wants to know: If money were no obstacle, what would be the perfect birthday gift to receive?  A remodeled kitchen and Alton Brown's new cook books--The Early Years and The Middle Years.  I so want them and the ideal kitchen to cook in.

9. From "Life Through Bifocals," LynnMarie asks: What is your favorite birthday meal?  Anything seafood.  I love seafood.

10. Debby at "Just Breathe" checks in with: Do you still send hand-written thank you notes?  For things that require thank yous, yes I do.

11. Linda from "Mocha with Linda" poses this question: What is something you've done that you never thought you'd do?  Rock climbing when I was younger.

12. Jewel, my homegirl from Indiana who writes at "Musings from the World of Jewel," is very insistent that we answer this: Mount Rushmore honors four US Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt. If you could add any person to Mount Rushmore, who would you add and why?  This one is a hard one.  If I limit it to presidents, I'm not sure who I think is worthy of the honor.  Maybe FDR, he did lead us through WWII.  And held office four times.  And lead the country out of the depression.  He may not have been great but he was effective. And being effective is better than being great.

Go link at Linda's and share your own answers.




5 comments:

  1. I'd add JFK. Mt. Rushmore needs a hottie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers...and it sounds like your hubby is a real keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think JFK too, but FDR is a good choice. I was trying to think if there was one person who has contributed in a major way to world peace. Can't come up with one, but then again we don't have world peace either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Keens! Not a fan of Tom Cruise anymore, although I had a crush on him at one time also.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails