1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
The last time we moved was when we moved into our current house 18 years ago. Wow, that sounds like such a long time ago, but sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. Since we were young and broke, we moved ourselves. Lots of car and truck trips across town.
We are quite happy to be staying put for the moment. Some day Nick would like a bigger house. I'm not totally sold on the idea. It means more to keep clean and I'm not a huge fan of house work as it is.
Moving to a new city or town is filled with possibility. That can be a good thing. However, I'm not wildly outgoing and moving to someplace new is intimidating for the introvert that I am.
Packing up and actually going through the accumulated stuff so it can be moved is never easy.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
Just last week when we had to put our dog of over 14 years to sleep. Definitely some teary eyes with that process.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
No real rules about eating in the car. I mean I wouldn't want the boys trying to eat soup in there, but other than that most anything goes. We had McD's for breakfast just Sunday while heading out fo town to go four wheeling.
We love to have jerky and crunchy snacks for road trips. I need to determine what we are having for snacks next week as we have a road trip coming up.
Brad Paisley with Mud on the Tires:
Ummm, probably McD's. We just don't hit drive-up windows all that often.
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
It depends on the decision to be made. I do tend to make snap decisions, but thinking before acting can save a lot of trouble. You just don't want to think yourself out of making a decision.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Not truly lost, but following the directions on the map ap on the phone can be misleading. It was frustrating, but we eventually found what we were supposed to find. I tend to be the navigator and Nick drives. It works for us.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So we have an exciting trip to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole Wyoming next week. Then the boys get to go back to school. It has been a blink you miss it summer. Busy, but fun just the same.