1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?
Taking both boys to get dinner last night. They just seem to spark off each other in the most annoying way when it's just the three of us. Drives me nuts. I can take either of them out separately and have a fine time. take them together and I end up snapping at them and they end up poking at each other and it has come close to tears at times. Mine and theirs.
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).
Some people are naturally more patient, but being patient can be learned. I'm maybe a 4-5 on the patience scale in certain situations (like what was mentioned above). However in other situations my patience is more like a 6-7. Depends on the annoyances around and what I have to be patient about.
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
Holding each of my boys for the first time was a flying moment. That first time meeting face to face is incredible.
To feel like flying--going down a hill on cross country skis, as close to flying as I'll get aside from getting on a plane.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
I like Fly over States by Jason Aldean:
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?
We would have the fixings for trailside burgers and hotdogs. We would find a place to stop and have a small campfire and cook up burgers and hotdogs. They taste so much better in the mountains. We would of couse be headed up into the mountains:
6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?
Electrical. Ours needs to be updated in our house adn if we could do it ourselves it would save tons of money. Nick can do the little stuff, but changing the whole service is more than he can do.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
I finally broke down and got an ipod. We have been limping along with an old mp3 player from Dell that's at least 10 years old. We can no longer add music to it because the software isn't updated anymore. So I went ahead and got an ipod touch. Not a huge fan of Apple stuff, but admittedly, there is nothing else on the market that is close to them in mp3 players.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was such a laundry slacker this weekend. I finally got all the baskets folded last night. Put away too. I still have towels to do, but that will hopefully get done tonight. This frees up next weekend for doing something fun. Now to come up with something fun to do.