Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hogdepogde Again!

 

1. What keeps you blogging?
I have lost some of my diligence with blogging, but it is a great way to feel connected.  I will need this connection when we move in June.  Something fun and there for me.


2. Some people like to travel in the winter months. Do you enjoy the beach in winter? According to Southern Living the best U.S. beach towns to visit this winter are-

St Simons Island (Georgia), Hilton Head (South Carolina), Bald Head Island (North Carolina), Seaside (Florida), Bay St. Louis (Mississippi), Cape San Blas (Florida), South Padre Island (Texas), Folly Beach (South Carolina), Chincoteague (Virginia), Duck Key (Florida), Nags Head (North Carolina), and Fairhope (Alabama)

Have you been to any of the towns listed (in any season)? Which on the list appeals to you most this winter? 
I would love to visit a beach in the winter, it gets mighty cold here and outdoor stuff is not so easy when the snow is lacking.  I have not visited any of the beaches listed, but this coming summer we are thinking of taking the boys to Florida.  Turbo was there when he was 5, but Bruiser has never been.  A beach and a visit to the Mouse are most likely on the agenda.

3. What's a song you're embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be?
I know most of the lyrics to Mickey by Toni Basil.  a total one hit wonder from my high school years.


4. When you were a kid what's something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you're an adult you realize it's not all that fantastic?
Being able to do what ever I wanted and no one could tell me what to do.  Yeah, that doesn't actually work out like you think it will when your a kid. Sure no one tells me what to do like my mother did, but I can't do what I want to all the time.  Bills need paying, kids need to eat and be told what to do.

5. Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.
I need to embrace change this year, so this quote works for me.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 
So invite to Bruiser's party went out today.  Ten 9 year olds doing laser tag.  We may be completely wiped by the end of the party, but Bruiser will have an excellent time.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that laser tag party! I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vandy,

    Ten 9-year-olds playing laser tag! Whew, y'all are going to be beat!! "Everything will be alright..." great quote but so right things often do not stay the same. Change reinvents a person's life sometimes for the good and other times not-so-much. I enjoyed your answers and wish y'all the best of luck with your June move. TTFN. Keep warm! It's freezing in East Tennessee! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails