Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hodgepodge: That Time Of Year

 

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
The Mom's Taxi years.  Turbo is 14, in high school, not able to drive and participating in swimming.  He needs a ride to practice, home from practice, to the bus for away trips and picked up when home from away trips, for all of which Mom's Taxi provides the transport.  I remember my mother doing this for me and Nick remembers his parents doing the same for him.  It's part of the cycle.

2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
I microwave frozen veggies for dinner and the microwave often makes ramen noddles for the boys.
We would be a bit lost with out the microwave, things would take more effort to heat up.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why? 
Winter Wonderland.  I love that it is all about enjoying a snowy afternoon outdoors.


4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.
We have had so many beautiful places we have driven, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons, The Black Hills, Rocky Mountain National Park, Arches National Park, The Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce National Park to name a few.  We also have beautiful mountains near to our home that lead to lovely vistas as well.  I'm not sure I could choose the most beautiful.
This observation tower is 40 minutes from town in the Snowy Range.

Also the view of the peaks in the Snowy Range


5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
I really want a vacuum sealer for food. Fuzzy socks and a warm snugglely throw blanket (University of Wyoming style) would be appreciated as well.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Bruiser's art was chosen to be displayed at the university art museum for the beginning of December.  We had to go see what masterpiece he had created.  He was quite proud to have been chosen.

The art piece was an abstract self portrait.  I like it.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails