Monday, December 7, 2015

Day of Infamy

Today holds many meanings for many people.  It's Monday.  It's December 7. Pearl Harbor day.  Also the day my father died 42 years ago. It's just a bit more poignant that this will be my first Christmas without my mother. So yes, a day of infamy.

On a brighter note, I got to have a fun Christmas party with friends last night--a kind of girls night happy holidays kind of party. There was a gift exchange, appetizers that made up a snacky type dinner and wine.  A wonderful way to kick off the holiday season.

We also put up or tree.  We cheated a bit and bought a tree instead of going to the mountains to get the tree, but time and motivation are on the short side this year.  Thus the lot bought tree. Pictures later this week.

Now for the Music part pof the program:  Christmas theme of course!
Home Free with Do You Hear What I Hear:

Home Free with O Holy Night:
Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. My condolences to you.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day, another memory and yet it may be sad, but which is higher in amount the grief or the wonderful wonderful memories and the love in your heart still. Think of the things that made him the best and the love of your life, which will always keep him alive in your heart as my dad is in mine. I lost mine in 1980 of lung cancer so you see we have the same happiness in our hearts... not grief. HUGS & A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails