Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekend Fun

Yeah, so I sort of fell off the map again. I will be telling more about the Disney trip but first some of what we have been doing lately.  This weekend we scouted a lake nearby for camping and kayaking suitability. Then we floated down the river here in town on Sunday.
Saturday was a scouting trip, like I said.  Pathfinder Reservoir is a body of water about an hour from our house.  Right now it is very low, as it is a reservoir water rights down stream cause it to be drained as the season advances.  This opens up lots of beach area, but reduces water surface for water activities.  There are some nice camp areas and next weekend we may go camping.
We will most likely have to tent it since the camper broke.  The bumper that helps support the back bed on our pop up camper broke.  The weld on one side failed as Nick and Turbo were hauling it up to Casper from Laramie. So it is off getting re-welded in place.
If we don't tent it we can still go spend the day with family who will be out there camping. Take the kayaks and go have a day on the lake.  Sounds like fun, no?!
Since the water was so low we took a trip to a local historic landmark.  Independence Rock was about 5 minutes from where we were. It is a landmark on the Oregon trail. We climbed to the top and saw a couple of carved names from the 1840s and 1850s. It was fun seeing history like that.




Sunday we floated about 4 miles of river through town.  It was windy, but we had a good time and got to hit the water park, ie. created rapids and water falls the city has put together.  Nick and I both dumped on the first rapid, but Turbo and Bruiser rode them out with no trouble.  Nick and Turbo went on down to the other three rapids/waterfalls but Bruiser and I called it quits after the first one.



Now for WWWW. This week's theme is Songs with drinks in the title.

Toby Keith with Beer for my Horses:

Alan Jackson with Jim and Jack and Hank:


Jimmy Buffet with Margaritaville:
Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Never heard "Jim and Jack and Hank." It's good! Good selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I used Jim and Jack and Hank several months ago when the theme was songs with male names in the title. Great song! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vandy,

    Sounds like a funtastic weekend! "Jack and Hank" is a new-to-me song. Your choices put the woogie in my boogie on the dance floor. Have a blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great songs and sounds like your weekend was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I forgot all about "Jim and Jack and Hank!" My hubby's band used to play that all the time! What great memories! :) Loved your other choices, too - and I'm looking forward to seeing if you ended up camping this weekend. ;) We didn't get as much camping in this past summer (or any - how'd *that* happen?!) so next year we're making sure to plan way ahead. Sorry about your bumper issue - hopefully the welding will bring it back into commission! I imagine if we ever upgrade from tent to camper that we'd rather not tent it, but would do so if necessary. ;) Hope you're having a great weekend, tent or otherwise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vandy,
    Good to see you again! Sounds like you've been busy this summer.
    Great songs. I love "Beer for My Horses."
    I never heard "Jim, Jack and Hank" -- it's a great song! I need to add that to my Bar jukebox post.
    Hope you have a great Labor Day tomorrow.
    Sorry I was so late making the rounds but it's been a crazy-with-a-Capital-C week. I'm not doing the Labor Day 4M post. I just didn't have time to put anything togther for this week. But please take a minute and check out my beverage "Welcome to My Bar" post: https://angelsbark.wordpress.com/2018/08/27/mondays-music-moves-me-welcome-to-my-bar-songs-with-beverages-in-the-titles/

    Have a great week.

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails