Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Regular Hodgepodge

1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?
It's been a while since I tried much of anything new. I do like the silly pink and yellow tie dyed moose Bruiser got me for my birthday and the silver hummingbird necklace that Nick got me is wonderful.

2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later? 
Recipe ideas for the elk that Nick is going to bring home this fall.  Elk can be used in place of beef in so many recipes and I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy some new recipes with it.

3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?
Right now I am eating an apple a day at lunch.  I like it cored and sliced. My favorite type of apple are Gala--just sweet enough to taste good, but crisp and not mushy or mealy. My favorite recipe that uses apples is an apple "doughnut" recipe that look more like muffins.  So good, but I don't make them often.

4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
the closest is Aspen Colorado, but I think we might have already missed the colors there, fall is coming early to our parts.  Some day I would love to see the fall colors in Maine (also eat some lobster...) or hit the New England area to see the fall colors.  We don't get a lot of reads and oranges here, it mostly yellows and a few lighter oranges.  I want to see the variety of colors fall can produce back east.

5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
Regulated, it's not tons worse that alcohol.  Just as detrimental, but still not as bad as some of the other drugs out there.


6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay? 
It depends on the movie.  Some movies you can jump into, but others not so much.  As for series, again the ones that build on themselves for the story line are hard to jump into.  I started Castle somewhere in the middle, but I have enjoyed it and didn't need to start from the beginning.

7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
When to use semicolons.  I do alright for most punctuation and I probably use commas more than most.
the one that bugs me the most is misuse or non use of commas.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Still wrapping my head around losing my mother to cancer.  We are all still a bit shocked and reeling over it. It is a process. not a fun one though.

2 comments:

  1. I totally missed the post about your mother and I send my heart-felt condolences. I hope you can find some happy things to help you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my mom to cancer too. She passed this April. It is hard and nasty to deal with. I read somewhere that sorrow comes in waves and it feels that way to me too. Hang in there and hold on...I hear it will get better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails