Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hodgepodge Wednesday!

Let's Hodgepodge:

1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?
Strawberry ice cream.  Or shrimp. I can go either way.

2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least? 
Enjoy the most? When it was over. I wasn't much for organized sports and was less than athletic in school.  But I did go out for the swim team all four years of high school, so there's that.

As for the least, any sport where balls were involved--I tended to get out of the way, not try to hit said ball when it came my way.


3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
There was an old perfume that Avon sold called Roses Roses (I think) and my aunt wore it.  When I smell roses I think of here and that perfume.

4. Do you prefer to read or write?
 Read definitely.  I like writing my blog, but I'm not one for creating fiction.  I can edit and love reading, but I am not a writer.

5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?
It depends.  If you are not doing what you should then laziness is not respectable, but if you have everything done and there is nothing else to do then laziness is perfectly OK.
Our laziness is oriented on winging dinner, far less structure in the schedule, and do more of what we please than what we should.

6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today? 
Disney world for the boys, but I'd do the Keys if it were just Nick and I going.

7. What question do you hate to answer? 
What's for dinner? Planning meals is the most thankless job, aside from the other household chores.  I can rarely please all the participants in the dinner lottery.  I'm happy if I can get 75% approval.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
We ahve been leaving a list of chores for Turbo to do during the day--doing dishes, water plants cleaning the toilet, etc.
Yesterday the list included Dog Doo Pick-up.  Nick commented that it was a funny way to put that particular chore.  I came back at him with "I hardly think Turbo would understand if I told him to collect the canine excrement from the rear yard. Turbo has a good vocabulary, but that one would sail right over his head."
Nick laughed and agreed.  Turbo would laugh at us for sounding like Sheldon.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with your answer to PE. Never did care for that class. I also despise (to harsh a term?) meal planning. It is so hard especially with different diets and tastes. Let's just go out to eat and get whatever you want…as long as they take Monopoly $$! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your random answer! Sounding like Sheldon would be fun even if it didn't get the done. I don't remember anything fun about gym class, either.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails