Wednesday, May 27, 2015

And Wednesday!

Oh, Wednesday.  You are here again to remind us that the week is half over. Now it's a downhill run to the weekend.  Let's answer some fun questions and get the day started off right:

1.  Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend? We went and saw Jurassic Quest while we were in Casper.  It was fun for the boys and had a ton of dinosaurs to see--some even moved and they made noises and it was an...experience.



2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."  

Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?

I was raised to appreciate what we have here in the US and I truly do hope we are raising our children to appreciate it as well.

3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?  Hmmm, not such an easy pick. Honestly the loudest noise is the one from a baby at 3 am when all you want to do is sleep.

4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it? McDonalds Chicken  nuggets this last weekend.  A guilty pleasure, but enjoyable on occasion.

5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'? We tend to avoid events like that.  It's one of the nice things about living where we do--not so crowded. The last time would probably have been in the train terminal waiting to get on a train in Chicago.

6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?  I am a mental list maker, I like to pack the night before a trip and I think about what I will take and the amount of time the trip will encompass in determining the size of suit case to pack.  When flying, carry-on is best if I can manage it.

7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care? We attended a college football game last fall.  It was fun, but we didn't stay for the whole game. I'm not sure if we won that game or not. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. So, summer kicks off next week here and we still aren't wearing shorts.  We have the sun back today--for the morning at least. It been chilly and wet here adn really not summer like at all. This is, in large part, contributing to me feelings of blah in regards to doing anything that requires motivation. I truly hope the weather warms up soon.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the platforms for the subway in Chicago and NY being crazy packed. I didn't care for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails