Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hodgepodge It Up!

It is a very chilly, OK, down right cold, Wednesday around these parts.  Since it's way easier to answer some questions rather than be brilliant and witty all on my own here we go:

1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true  where you live? Most definitely.  We have had snow practically daily since the end of last week.  We aren't accumulating much, but it has been cold and snowy. With any luck the end of the month will be better.
2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most?  The whole your\you're and there\their\they're misuse. texting has had a detrimental effect on grammar use.  and it's spilling over into so many other areas.
This made me smile:
3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you? I aim for optimism, achieve realism, but I have my pessimistic moments. 
4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month? House cleaning.  It's time to spring clean, or at least make a stab at it.  I don't think I'll get to windows until April--it won't be warm enough until then.

5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording?  I hate dusting.  Vacuuming is routine, but dusting is annoying.
6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Fransisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City. 

How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph?
  I have photoed Cinderella's castle in Orlando, Niagara Falls, and the Guggenheim. I would love to visit the Florida Keys, the Space Needle in Seattle, and Coit Tower in San Francisco.
7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie?  I loved watching The Sound Of Music as a kid on TV.  I was rather surprised when I finally watched the entire, not edited for running time and content, movie. It had a far more condeming view of the Nazis than I was aware of.  I had a fascination with WWII history and only fell more in love with the movie then.  I would have to put myself at about a 8-9 on the scale of fandom.  I have several favorite songs: How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria; Sixteen Going on Seventeen; So Long, Farewell; and Edelweiss.  I can sing along with almost every song in the movie, but it has been a few years since I watched it last.  I might have to decree a musical weekend soon...

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Like I said, it's cold here.  Things are supposed to warm up this weekend.  If you call 40 degree temps warm...
We will take what we can get.  Spring is always our shortest season and takes a long time to get here. Our summers, on the other hand are usually nice and temperate.  It's a trade off and one I can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails