Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Novvember Thanks--The First

It's November and the month when we get all thankful for the things and people in our lives.  I think Wednesdays this month are a good day to get my thank on.  Or at least make a nod in that direction if I'm Hodgepodgeing. But today, no hodgepodge so thanks instead.

I'm going to get the big ones out of the way.  I very thankful for my family.  Nick is a fantastic partner, father and the love of my life.  I love how he encourages me to be better, reminds me when I'm slacking, and takes care of me. His enthusiasm is contagious and it does help motivate me. I am truly thankful to have him in my life.

I am thankful for both my boys.  Turbo is growing into a lovely young man.  He can also be an exasperating tween and I have no doubt he will be an exasperating, but fun, teen. Bruiser is a delightful mix of stubborn and adorableness. He is growing so fast but it is totally fun to see how he is learning and becoming a boy rather than the preschooler he was.

I am thankful for my mother. She is a wonderful grandma and truly adores her grandsons.  We would not be where we are without her love and help with both boys.  As much as she annoys me at times, I love her and appreciate all she does for us.
Next up is the family that has become very good friends.  Nick has a cousin who Nick is technically first cousin once removed.  Which makes Nick second cousins to his kids.  I think.  Anyway those kids are roughly the same ages as our kids.  We simplify the relationship to cousins.  And we have become the best of friends.  I am so thankful to have them in our lives.
I have a couple other friends that I am so thankful to have in my life.  One I walk with and get regular time out of the house for girl time. She is the one I can talk reading with, thrift store shop with and discuss country music with.  The other one I love shopping with and we get together for the occasional girl's night. We have also gone camping as families with this friend.  We have a great time when we are together.
I am thankful for Nick's parents too.  They love their grandsons and love being involved with them. We are truly thankful to have Nick's dad with us still.  The heart attack in October was a rough episode for all of us.
So that covers the friends and family I am thankful for.  What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Today, I am thankful for my jobs. I just got a couple raises and I am happy to be able to provide for my family!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails