Monday, January 28, 2013

And That's How you do a Weekend

After last week, nothing was more welcome than the weekend.  And we made good use of it too. I conquered laundry, we got out of town, Nick went ice fishing, Turbo got to game out, I went out for a drink, it was a good weekend.
Friday evening we started the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  It was nice to just hang out with my guys and watch movies and eat popcorn.  We got through half of the Fellowship of the Rings.  And then we all dropped.
Saturday started out a bit too early for my liking, but insomnia is a cruel visitor. I got the grocery shopping done and then we loaded up the boys and picked up Nick's folks and headed out to Cheyenne.  Nick's dad likes to play the lotto and you have to go to Colorado and there is a place just south of Cheyenne where you can get tickets.
After getting tickets, we went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was Turbo's first trip there and he fell in love with the food we had there.  Our server was awesome and the food was very good. The company was pretty great too.


Saturday evening we got through more of the Lord of the Rings, all of Two Towers and the start of Return of the King.  I started laundry and we ate left overs from lunch.
Sunday morning, Nick got up and went ice fishing with a couple of friends--guy time.  I worked some more on the laundry and helped Turbo get more of the Lego Lord of the Rings game finished.  Bruiser had a tough day in the potty department, it's back to diapers for us as he's just not getting it.
By the time Nick got home around 1:30, I had about conquered the laundry.  He came home with a large german brown trout.  He was tickled to have caught a fish on this outing, as last week he didn't.

I'm not totally ready to face Monday, however it's here.  It did come with a bit of a break.  Turbo had a sore throat last night and it was not better this morning.  It looks like he will only miss one day, but it has given me a chance to clean the kitchen, vacuum, and clean the bathroom.  Not fun, but necessary.
The rest of the week will be busy too, birthdays, appointments, swimming lessons and next weekend Superbowl!  Time seems to be flashing by.  Are you ready for January to be over?

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Turbo is feeling under the weather but it does give you a chance to get a few things done.

    Nice looking fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Miss the fishing out there...rats. Have a great week..and Superbowl...yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I am ready for this month to end. I always like to see one go and welcome a new month with new goals and possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor lit'l guy. I hope he's feeling better soon. Sore throats are the worst! Yay you for having an awesome weekend. Your family sounds lovely. :) Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so ready for January to be over! I hope everyone gets well in time to enjoy the Super Bowl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Turbo gets better fast!! Sore throats are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your lil guy gets to feeling better really soon.

    Mmmm Olive Garden sounds yummy. Seeing this made me remember I still have a gift certificate to there that I totally forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy sounding weekend - sorry the potty training hasn't worked yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took my Little Man forever to potty train but I think we are FINALLY almost there. We still do diapers on outings & at night but at home, we are diaper free. I think when they are ready, they are ready. I don't think it's something you can force them to get. Maybe he just needs a little more time!

    I can't believe January is over. Seems like I didn't even get to enjoy this month. Ugh, time never slows down.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails