Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Random Tuesday--One Week To Christmas

Are you ready for Christmas?  It's only one week away. I think we only need to get a couple of stocking things.  And take care of the Big Red Guy's stuff.  Now on to the random:

  • I really do love the classic kid Christmas movies.  Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown.  These make it seem like Christmas to me.
  • We get to do a whole day of Christmas movies on Saturday. Well, that afternoon any way.  A Christmas Story, While You Were Sleeping, Donovan's Reef, Scrooged, The Santa Clause, we have so many to watch.
  • We will be doing Norad Santa Watch on Monday.  Turbo loves checking out the locations of Santa during the day.
  • I'm so looking forward to the winter break we have next week.  Gotta love working at a university.
  • It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  I had the boys do a snow dance.  It will at least look white outside by Wednesday.  With any luck.  Nick really want to figure out how his truck handles on snowy roads--he needs an excuse to use the 4WD in the new truck.
  • I need to bake cookies this weekend with the boys. Santa needs something to eat.  Wouldn't want him wasting away to nothing.
  • I need to get my annual viewing of White Christmas in.  Maybe tonight after the boys go to bed.  They are not huge fans of old musicals.
  • I'm looking forward to the dark chocolate turtles that I always get in my stocking.  They are one of the best things about Christmas.
  • Kmart is rushing the season, just a bit:
Yes, that is Christmas stuff next to Valentine's Day stuff.


So what's your random? Link with Stacy and check out more random.
Stacy
And link with Shawn and Impulsive for Talk To Us Tuesday.
Seriously Shawn

6 comments:

  1. Valentine's Day junk ALREADY? That's insane! Our KMart closed so at least there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning a Christmas movie marathon on Saturday afternoon/evening too - odd to feel so ready this close to Christmas that I can take a whole day to relax, lounge, eat popcorn and cookies and hot chocolate! I need to finish wrapping gifts, and pick up some last minute groceries and snacks (I'll do that on Sunday or Monday) - and then I'm DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love While You Were Sleeping. I have it on VHS but no vcr. I really need to get it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's a week til Christmas and i have less than 1/2 of my kids shopping done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of the year, especially for the reasons you listed! I love all the Christmas movies - Grinch, Elf, Charlie Brown, etc. I could go on for days :D
    We got snow for the first time last night! I woke up this morning surprised. We've been having blizzard warnings the past two days.
    Ugh. What the heck is Kmart thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids want to give Santa gumballs so that saves me a bit on the cookies but I have to figure out what I'm stuck cooking for my husbands entire family on Christmas day. I'm SO not looking forward to doing that, what if they don't like it? EEK!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails