Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spin Cycle--Decorating?

This weeks spin is all about decorating.  I'm not so good with the ideas in that area.  Nick comes up with great ideas, I add my two cents so they work for me too and off we go.
The last room tht we decorated was the living room.  We repainted, hung pictures, and arranged the furniture in a manner that looks pretty good for that room.  I picked the paint color, Nick chose frames and together we came up with an arrangement that we both liked.  The furniture placement was mostly my idea and I'm getting itchy to rearrange it.   Here are some pictures of the photo arrangements:


We may need to change them out soon, just for some variety.
The next room that really needs attention is Bruiser's room.  It's really a blank slate right now.  The walls are baby blue and the carpet is a slate blue.  Yeah, not a lot of imagination there.  But hey, all he does in there is sleep right now.  I'm planning on changing things up a bit when he gets the big boy bed, but I'm not rushing that one either--the kid travels when he sleeps.  Bars are a good thing right now.
I'm thinking of doing something with Scooby Doo, cause the kid loves him some Scooby Doo.  But I also might just go for some bright primary accent colors and keep the background the baby blue.  I'm not sure.  There is an added complication in that the hand me down cloths are stored in large rubbermaid tubes in Bruiser's room.  So they sort of need to be disguised, or incorporated.  I think Nick and I will be brainstorming for Bruiser's room when the time comes.
Well go see Jen at Sprite's Keeper for more spins on decorating.

small cycle

4 comments:

  1. I'm not keen on the decorating either. The ideas for our living room were totally my husband's. He comes up with ideas and I maintain. It works best this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the idea person in our household and JR is the doer. Actually, I start the project and he finishes it because I'm too flighty to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife has a lot of old photos that she wants to put up. I think we can probably rotate the photos seasonally so that we don't grow tired of them.

    Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of your walls.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails