Mama Fargo and Purplume have both bestowed awards on me. Three of them. Wow, it's nice to be appreciated. And without further ado here is award number one:
I got this one from Mama Fargo. I think he's aweful cute, don't you?
He comes with some rules so here goes--Answer these questions:
1. Why do you blog? I blog for the friendship and the ability to rant without offending the guilty party--family usually.
2. What was your favorite age to be and why? I loved being 25. I was newly married and things were going pretty good in the rest of my life.
3. What's your favorite sport to play? I'm not much for sports. I'm awefully uncoordinated--I tend to get out of the way of the balls instead of catching them or hitting them. Makes me last to be pick even today. Although I don't do too bad at horseshoes (after I've had a drink or two).
4. What's your favorite sport to watch, and who's your favorite team? I like to watch the olympics and soem college football. I also watch the Superbowl every year.
5. If you could pick your perfect career (and money doesn't matter / the kids are out of the house) what would it be? Pretty much what I'm doing now--using my degree (Geology) and doing work that is not too complicated. Also work that it is not necessary for me to be at for things to function--if I need a sick day I'll take one. Oh and I want vacation too.
6. Do you ever feel guilty for blogging? Only when Bruiser comes up and I'm in the middle of something like a comment and it's hard to put things down for him immediately.
7. What is your favorite holiday? I like lots of holidays. We always have fun on all of them. The best would have to be Thanksgiving--you get to eat lots with out the pressure of gifts.
8. What's your favorite kind of music? I like country, eighties stuff, rock, really just about anything but rap and gangsta.
9. Do you consider yourself a good driver or bad driver? Mostly a good driver (Nick would argue with me--he's a horrible side seat driver.
10. What's the farthest away place you have visited? When I was 13 months old my mom took me to England. The farthest place I can remember going is to the Bahamas on our honeymoon.
pass the award on to 15 other bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!(in no particular order)
let them know you have awarded them the prize.
So thanks you so much Purplume for both of these wonderful awards. They will look so nice on my sidebar!
Now seven things about me:
Skin So Soft from Avon works as a fabulous mosquito repellent for me.
If a book is good I can read it over and over again. I have some books I have read probably hundreds of times. Same goes for movies.
Nick and I have a goal--we want to visit every national park west of the Mississippi before we die. We have made it to 11 so far. Hopefully we can knock off a couple more this summer.
I love having my boys, but now I'm stuck with all the toys that my mom saved for me from when I was a little girl. Not sure what I will do with them.
I have a weird ability to remember numbers--especially phone numbers.
I'm not one for Network TV. I prefer the History Channel, Discovery and things like that.
I can do two things at the same time. I like to hav ethe TV on and be reading a book or playing my Nintendo DS. I will be following both things and know generally whats going on on both. It drives Nick nuts.
This one also came from Purplum.
and on with the rules:
Post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
Pass the award to other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Now I just have to decide who to send these on to. Finding 15 is going to be tough.
SLMPeterson-- Stacy is an old friend found again. Check her out, she has some great food stuff.