Friday, February 12, 2010

Spin Cycle--Happy Valentine's Day

Jen at Sprite's Keeper is spinning up some Valentine's fun this week.  Love is in the air and all that jazz.

For my spin I thought I'd tell about Turbo's first ever Valentine to another girl.  He was three and spending the day with his grandpa.  Turbo often baked with Papa and that day was no different.  What was different was when Papa brought Turbo home with a heart shaped cake and Turbo informed me it was for his friend M.  She was a little girl who was about two years older than Turbo but that he really enjoyed playing with.  We were friends with her parents and got together every so often.

I was a bit surprised (OK shocked was more like it).  We now had to take the cake to M.  And this was not your traditional cake.  It was heart shaped but with green frosting and mulitcolored sprinkles.  Turbo was very proud of it and quite excited to take it to M.  Nick got home from work and called to make arrangements to deliver Turbo's first ever Valentine.

M's parents were I think as shocked and surprised as we were.  We explained that Turbo and his grandpa had come up with this all on their own.  M smiled nice for the pictures and we all had cake.  Interesting way to spend Valentine's Day, that's for sure.

If this is the age Turbo starts on this kind of thing, I'm in serious trouble. Or at least the girls in his class are in for it.  It was cute but I'll be happy to wait until he's much older before anyone else is his Valentine but me.

Happy Vaelntine's Day to everyone.  Get a little romantic with your significvant other and enjoy a day that, while kind of contrived, is a great excuse to be sappy.

12 comments:

  1. Ah, young love. Young, sugary-filled and frosted love. I hope I get a little something sweet today. Great Spin! (What an awesome nick-name, "Turbo".)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, nothing says love like sugar! What a sweet idea! Better watch that one! You're linked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Spin Cycle…

    A mother of a friend of mine used to say that she will not allow her children to date until they are old enough to be scared. I rather like that advice.

    Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! he probably just thought he was doing something nice for her! Or maybe he is a blooming cassanova!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!!! yes, time to cozy up with my hubby!! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...what a sweet thing.

    Don't worry it won't be too long before girls are icky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, your little bakin' boy. I agree about Valentine's Day. It may be a Hallmark holiday, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet that he was inspired to share his love in baked form. He's gonna make some lucky girl very happy some day. Preferably later rather than sooner. Sounds like quite the Casanova though. Happy V day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green frosting with multicolor sprinkles sounds like a great V-day cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never cease to be amazed at how early my kids start knowing and doing things. I think it is a different world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So darn cute! And I love that the frosting was green. :)

    Young love...I started getting crushes on boys when I was like four. Good luck with all that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails